recent and upcoming, * indicates refereed
The Metasemantics of Indefinite Extensibility
- 03/2018 Logic and Metaphysics Workshop, CUNY
- 01/2018 11th Annual Cambridge Graduate Conference on the Philosophy of Mathematics and Logic, University of Cambridge*
- 09/2017 Conference on The Language of Ontology, Trinity College Dublin*,
- 08/2017 Workshop on Non-instance based Conceptions of Generality, University of Oslo (ConceptLab),
- 06/2017 ConceptLab Visiting Speaker Seminar Series, University of Oslo,
- 04/2016 Pacific APA in San Francisco*,
- 11/2014 UConn Graduate Conference on Realism and Anti-Realism, University of Connecticut*.
Carnap's Noncognitivism about Ontology
- 02/2018 Central APA, Group Session of the Society for the Study of the History of Analytical Philosophy, in Chicago,
- 05/2017 Annual Meeting of the Society for Exact Philosophy (SEP), University of Calgary*,
- 11/2016 Existence Conference under the Auspices of the "Lightness of Being" Project, Uppsala University*.
Carnap's Defense of Impredicative Definitions
- 01/2018 Eastern APA in Savannah*,
- 10/2017 18th Annual meeting of the Midwest PhilMath Workshop (MWPMW 18), University of Notre Dame*,
- 06/2017 Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy,
- 05/2017 Sixth Annual Conference of the Society for the Study of the History of Analytical Philosophy (SSHAP), University of Calgary*,
- 01/2017 Tenth Annual Cambridge Graduate Conference on the Philosophy of Mathematics and Logic, University of Cambridge*.
I have presented early versions of this paper under a different title.
No "Easy" Answers to Identity Questions (with Katherine Ritchie)
- 11/2016 Guest lecture at a graduate seminar on metaontology at Barnard/Columbia University,
- 09/2016 2nd Epistemology of Metaphysics Workshop (EMW2), University of Helsinki*,
- 05/2016 44th Annual Meeting of the Society for Exact Philosophy (SEP), University of Miami.
- 10/2016 “Carnap’s Internal/External Distinction”, guest lecture for an undergraduate course on the philosophy of mathematics, Rutgers University
- 04/2016 “Carnap’s Relativism”, lunch talk at NYU
- 02/2016 “Carnap’s Relativism”, work in progress seminar at MIT
- 10/2015 “Intensional Quantifier Variance”, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin (pre-read seminar discussion)
- 10/2015 “Intensional Quantifier Variance”, Eidos, the Center for Metaphysics at the Universities of Geneva and Neuchâtel (pre-read seminar discussion)
- 10/2014 “Expressivism has no New Negation Problem”, New York Philosophy of Language Workshop, NYU
- 06/2014 “Expressivist Inconsistency”, North American Summer School in Logic, Language and Information (NASSLLI), University of Maryland (poster presentation)*
- 05/2019 comments on a paper by Karen Bennett, to be presented at a conference on Philosophical Methodology and Metametaphysics at Dartmouth
- 03/2016 Matthias Jenny, “Two Modal Concepts of Ground”, Central APA (in Chicago)
- 05/2015 Zee Perry, “Additivity and Dynamics”, The Metaphysics of Quantity Conference, NYU
- 02/2015 Landon Elkind, “In Defense of Simples in Contact”, Central APA (in St Louis)